While any split crotch pants could be used under a diaper, other styles of split pants are more likely to get wet or soiled in case of a miss. L’il Baby Chaps are made with a generous split so that the diaper will absorb the wetness or catch the mess, and most of the time the pants will stay dry. They are basically cowboy style chaps for babies!
Conventional baby clothes require stripping a baby naked from the waist down-or in the case of snap rompers, completely naked-for every diaper change. This can take a long time and its no wonder babies often find this a nuisance. For those practicing EC, the frequent dressing and undressing to offer potty opportunities can become annoying to both baby and caregiver. L’il Baby Chaps solve this problem. You no longer have to completely undress your baby for every potty visit or diaper change. They are especially helpful during the colder fall and winter months.
Many parents who practice EC use L’il Baby Chaps™ like a diaper belt with legs. The waistband of the split pants holds the prefold in place like a sumo wrestler. Others prefer using a diaper belt on top, keeping the diaper outside of the pants entirely. There is no one right way – whatever works best for you and your baby is fine.
Perfect for EC or cloth diapering, L’il Baby Chaps™ can be worn with a diaper or snap training pants under or over. This saves time at every diaper change or potty visit as you won’t have to remove layers of clothes. L’il Baby Chaps™ are especially helpful with a mobile baby or toddler who does not want to lay still for diaper changes.
- The open style means even soiled diapers will usually leave no mess on theL’il Baby Chaps. (But we all know when it comes to baby poo, there are no guarantees! )
- Use the waist band to hold up a prefold diaper “sumo wrestler” style for convenient and quick changes.
- Can be worn without any diapers while you observe and learn your baby’s elimination cues.
- Work great to give babydiaper-free time o prevent or heal diaper rash while staying warm and keeping knees protected.
- Work great with any diaper or cover on top. Designed to stay dry through several diaper changes.
Diaper Back up
If you want to tuck a prefold cloth diaper under L’il Baby Chaps™, you can quickly do so without removing your baby’s pants by putting the diaper through the split in the pants and tucking it under the waistband or a diaper belt in the front or back. You can optionally add a rECangle cover as well if you are concerned about waterproofing or fashion.